you dont have an ask box for me to message ya I miss you!!! :(
If you are more angry about protestors “stealing” milk to treat tear gas victims than you are about the violence at the hands of the police force and the murder of Mike Brown, you are part of the problem.
You said you were a former feminist so does that mean you don't believe in equal rights?
I think you’re mistaken, hon.
I DON’T want anything to do with the term of “feminist” anymore, because unlike any of the people currently abusing that term on this website, I actually DO believe in equal rights.
The definition of a feminist is one who stands for equal rights for all genders. That means you, by your own admission, are a feminist. Yet you tell others that asking men to stop perpetuating rape culture is wrong? Is it hard to ask for the simple task of walking down a street to be something that won’t get me killed? Yes, men get raped, too. But the many of those rapists are men, as well.
There are so many things wrong with what you just posted here.
- There is a tremendous difference between being against feminism, and being against the corruption of feminism. LEARN IT. Unfortunately, a lot of the people on this site in particular that claim to be “feminists” have no idea what the fuck they’re doing.
- "Yet you tell others that asking men to stop perpetuating rape culture is wrong?" Nice loaded question. You know, making implications about the ethics and morality of others isn’t exactly the best way to convince anyone to take your opinions the least bit seriously.
- You might want to know a bit more about the actual statistics for rape before you go around trying to blame society for it. Especially considering that it’s not only decreased by over 80% since 1979 (despite an increase in the willingness of victims to report it), there’s no evidence to suggest that your alleged “rape culture” is anything more than guys using the anonymity of the internet to spew bullshit that they wouldn’t have the guts to say to anyone’s face. That “1 in 3/4/5/6” nonsense that’s been passed around for far too long is as false as Lucille Ball’s eyelashes. The woman who conducted the original surveys those findings were based on did so with a very extreme bias, and disregarded the actual feelings of the women she questioned.
- More men are statistically the victims of violent crime and murder than women. In fact, men are at least three times more likely to be victims of crime than women. Even in domestic violence, at least 40% of the victims are MEN, with WOMEN AS THE ABUSERS.
- If you’re trying to erase even ONE victim of rape, you are a piss poor excuse for an activist, and clearly don’t truly care about rape as an issue. It isn’t a “women’s issue”. It’s a “FUCKING EVERYBODY” issue. Approaching something so widespread with a severe case of tunnel vision is not going to solve the problem. That’s like repeatedly shooting a BB gun at the same spot on a large, concrete fortress, rather than focusing on targeting the entire fortress. You do not get to fucking pick and choose who can and cannot be a victim of rape according to YOUR personal definition, and you can stop trying to move the goal post by thinking that the demographic that makes up the majority of those committing rape somehow ERASES any of the victims. By the way, you might be interested in knowing that recent reports from both Harvard and the CDC have discovered that up to 40% of all rape is carried out by women.
- You are more likely to die from a preventable disease, a car accident, or CANCER than by the hands of any other human being. Stop being such a fucking simpering little craven. You’re not accrediting anyone worth a good goddamn if all you allow a woman to be is a potential victim. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Feminism is supposed to be empowering, not to send us cowering. A real feminist doesn’t want the world to go easy on her for just being a woman, because that just reinforces obsolete gender roles. Today’s “feminist” tries to paint women as too delicate and fragile to do anything on their own, and demands that the world becomes “safer”, rather than women becoming stronger. Isn’t the latter manner of thinking pretty much EXACTLY the mindset the movement is supposed to be AGAINST? So called “feminists” have been caught multiple goddamn times on this site concocting straight up LIES in order to “prove” the “need” for feminism.
- News flash! WOMEN ALSO KILL. In fact, children are more likely to be killed by their mothers than by their fathers. Violent assault and rape is not caused by simply being male. It is caused by a distinct lack of activity in certain regions of the brain. When the prefrontal cortex is not functioning properly, a person lacks control over their impulses. All forms of violent crime are still conscious decisions made by the perpetrator, and chances are, they know goddamn well that what they’re doing is wrong. They just lack impulse control, as well as have a damaged sense of empathy for others, and a lack of fear of the consequences of their actions. What they AREN’T, however, is a product of “rape jokes”, nor the fault of the media. Do you know what really harms men? The way we treat them as less than human by not allowing them to have feelings and express emotions. You see, male and female brains are not wired the same. There is a part of the brain that connects the two hemispheres (the corpus callosum) that is smaller in boys than in girls. Now, studies have frequently shown that violent criminals are also usually the products of broken homes, and childhood abuse. Such abuse actually reduces that part of the brain even further in boys, while such an effect is not shown to occur in girls that endure abuse at a young age. It is this part of the brain that effects how they cope with stress and trauma at their earliest points in life. Violent behavior is NEUROLOGICAL, and PSYCHOLOGICAL. The ONLY time that it is “cultural” whatsoever is in their early childhood, and it ISN’T because of “rape jokes”. It’s because the way that we treat little boys as essentially emotionless is weakening their psyche, NOT “toughening them up” like we think it does.
Violent criminals are not manufactured by society. They are manufactured by THEIR OWN, PERSONAL HISTORY AND BIOLOGY.
Maybe, when you’ve grown out of blaming all the world’s ills on men, you’ll realize the flaws in your assumptions.
This person wins the fucking internet.
uploads picture of myself: 1note
uploads picture of boyfriend: 10087527300027 notes.
I want mexican candy so bad right now like cachetadas and the jello stick things with sugar on em omg